Starling 120Z - Instructions & Help
Your Starling 120Z came fully loaded with batteries already installed! However, you will need to open your flashlight and remove the small protective battery seal that keeps your batteries safe and fresh prior to use. Please see “Battery Installation” for instructions on opening the Starling 120Z.
Fully depress the green power button on the end of the flashlight to turn on/off. The Starling’s BrightStart TM technology will always bring the flashlight back to the brightest mode when powered on.
Cycling Through Lighting Modes
The Starling has three different lighting modes available:
To cycle through the various modes, you simply perform a “soft touch” of the power button by gently depressing it halfway down while the flashlight is on. Each soft touch will cycle to the next mode.
• Reminder: Be sure to remove the small protective battery seal prior to first use.
• Remove the base cap containing the On/Off switch by rotating it counterclockwise
• Remove the battery pack from the Starling
• Insert 3 AAA batteries into the battery pack, making sure to align the positive (+) and negative (-) ends of the batteries with their matching markings on the bottom of the battery pack.
• Replace the battery back then replace and tighten the base cap by turning it clockwise
• Zoomable Lens – Rotate the lens end of the Starling to increase or decrease the focus range of the flashlight
• Starling Glow Strips – The bright green bands on the Starling are for more than just good looks: they are glow in the dark strips that make the Starling easy to locate when the power goes out!