Supernova Crew Chief Ultra 170 Help
Your Crew Chief Ultra 170 came fully loaded with batteries already installed! However, you will need to open your flashlight and remove the small protective battery seal that keeps your batteries safe and fresh prior to use. Please see “Battery Installation” for instructions on opening the Crew Chief Ultra 170.
Fully depress the blue power button on the flashlight to turn on/off.
Cycling Through Lighting Modes
The Crew Chief has two different lighting modes available:
- Zoomable Flashlight – To utilize the zoom feature, simply push or pull the end of the flashlight near the lens to increase or decrease the range of focus.
- 180 Degree Lantern – To utilize the lantern feature, extend the entire flashlight by pulling on both ends until the LED light strip is visible.
To cycle between modes, you simply perform a “soft touch” of the power button by gently depressing it halfway down while the flashlight is on. Each soft touch will cycle to the next mode.
Battery Installation*Reminder: Be sure to remove the small protective battery seal prior to first use.
- Remove the Magnetic Force Grip tail by rotating it counterclockwise
- Once the magnetic tail is removed, then also remove the protective textured base cap by rotating it counterclockwise
- You will see two different slots to insert all 4 AAA batteries, with each slot holding 2 batteries (see image below)
- Replace and tighten both the protective base cap as well as the magnetic tail by rotating each clockwise