The Sentinel 1300XL comes with a specially designed High Capacity Double 18650 Lithium Ion Battery. DO NOT USE ANY OTHER BATTERY WITH THE SENTINEL NOR ATTEMPT TO USE SINGLE 18650 BATTERIES. Doing so may render your Sentinel inoperable and void your warranty.
To install the High Capacity Double 18650 Lithium Ion battery:
- Remove the base cap containing the On/Off switch by rotating it counterclockwise
- Insert High Capacity Double 18650 Lithium Ion Battery with the positive (+) end going in first
- Replace and tighten the base cap by turning it clockwise
Charging the Sentinel 1300XL
The Sentinel can be charged using the micro USB cable (included) and USB charger (included)
- Uncover the micro USB charging port by turning the protective metal band (located just below the power button on the Sentinel) counterclockwise
- Insert the micro USB end of the cable (the smaller end) into the micro USB charging port (the smaller port)
- Insert the standard USB end of the cable (the larger end) into the USB charger
- While charging, the standard USB port on the Sentinel will flash red and turn solid red once the Sentinel is fully charged *Initial charge can take up to 12 hours
- When charged, unplug the cable and close the protective metal band by rotating it clockwise
Powering On / Powering Off
Fully depress the orange power button on the end of the flashlight to turn on. The Sentinel’s BrightStart TM technology will always bring the flashlight back to the brightest mode when powered on. To power off the Sentinel fully depress the orange power button and hold it for 2 seconds.
Cycling Through Lighting Modes
The Sentinel has five different lighting modes available:
- Strobe – Warning: this mode can cause nausea and temporary disorientation. Please use with caution.
To cycle through the various modes, you simply fully depress the power button while the flashlight is on.
Power Bank Feature
The Sentinel can be used as a power bank to charge most portable devices that are capable of being charged via USB. To do so:
- Uncover the USB charging port by turning the protective metal band (located just below the power button on the Sentinel) counterclockwise
- Insert your devices charging cable into the standard USB port (the larger port) and the other end into your device
- The Sentinel will begin charging your device and will turn off when either your device is fully charged or the battery on the Sentinel is depleted. (The light will turn green inside the Sentinel when charging another device)
- Charging time and capacity will vary depending upon your device