Supernova Orion Help
PREPARING FOR USE
The Orion has two separate battery compartments, making it one of the longest lasting and most versatile lanterns available. Prior to operating, you will need to install 3 AA size batteries (included) and 2 rechargeable lithium ion batteries (included).
AA Battery Installation
1) Twist off the top cap of the lantern by rotating it counter clockwise and insert 3 AA batteries as shown
Lithium ion Rechargable Battery Installation
1) Twist off the base cap of the lantern by rotating it counter clockwise and insert 2 rechargeable lithium ion batteries as shown.
2) Both the top and bottom caps can be put back on by rotating them clockwise.
OPERATING THE LANTERN
The Orion LED Power Bank Lantern comes with a single multi-function button on the front that is used to cycle through all available modes.
In order to turn the Orion on, simply raise the silver handles upright and lift the top half of the lantern up.
Cycling Through All Available Modes
Once on, pressing the multi-function button on the base of the lantern will cycle the lantern through all available modes: High - Medium - Red - Flashing Red
To turn the Orion off, simply push the top back down on the lantern so that it is flush with the base.
CHARGING THE LANTERN
When the rechargeable lithium ion batteries are running low on power, the multi-function button will begin to glow red. This means that it is time to recharge the lithium ion batteries. To do so:
- Slide off the small USB port cover on the back of the lantern
- Insert the small end of the Micro USB Cable into the Micro USB slot
- Insert the large end of the Micro USB Cable into any USB port of a phone charger or PC
- When the lithium ion batteries are fully charged, the multi-function button will glow blue
USING THE ORION’S POWER BANK FEATURE
Your Orion has the unique capability of functioning as a power bank, capable of recharging small devices that are charged using a USB connection. To do so, simply insert your device’s USB charging cable (or use the included Micro USB cable) into the USB slot just below the Micro USB slot on the Orion until your device is sufficiently charged.